Electronic Radon Tests
Accurate Radon Testing
7 Oaks Home Inspection uses digital computerized equipment that produces accurate results in 48 hours with a printed report of hourly readings.Our standard fee is $175.00. We discount the radon testing when other services are ordered.
The state of Missouri offers free “do-it-yourself” radon test kits. The contact number is: 866 628-9891. Citizen’s Guide to Radon
We offer this information because we are truly concerned about the need for radon awareness and radon testing. Statistics show that in our area about 1 in 5 homes have levels high enough to cause cancer. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer with cigarette smoking being number one. Radon has no odor or color and is ONLY detected through testing.
The Good News and Bad News About Radon in Missouri
The good news:
- Missouri offers these radon testing kits one time per household.
- The kits are free of charge and even have a free return mailer.
- They kits are fairly simple to use.
The bad news:
- The state testing kits are not always in stock.
- You should allow a month for your results, (3 plus weeks shipping time -3 days to test).
- The results are not as accurate as digital readings.
- The test results are usually not acceptable for mortgage loans and real estate transactions because they are not “credible.” For real estate deals you’ll need independent testing.
7 Oaks Home Inspection uses digital computerized equipment that produces accurate results in 48 hours with a printed report of hourly readings. Our standard fee is $175.00. We discount the radon testing when other services are ordered.
Don’t put off testing your home for radon. We’ve found it high in old homes as well as brand new construction. There is no way to know unless you test.